cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 issues

Emmalou061
Tuning in

Hi All,

I have just setup my hub 4 and discovered it doesn’t work with the virginmedia connect app. Are there any plans to make the app work with it as I can check nothing at all?
Also does this now mean that we have also lost the hotspots? and now can’t connect to internet if away from home or can we still connect outside?

Thanks for reading I must admit if the app won’t work then I am very disappointed with the new hub already.

Emmalou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You are right VM neglected to update the App when the Hub4 was released. It might get sorted - but VM will never say if and when - it will just happen when/if it happens.

I have never used that App myself - you can just log into the Hub settings to make changes and get information. I think the only thing the App adds is to connect to hotspots - other Hub4 users will need to comment whether you can still connect to hotspots

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You are right VM neglected to update the App when the Hub4 was released. It might get sorted - but VM will never say if and when - it will just happen when/if it happens.

I have never used that App myself - you can just log into the Hub settings to make changes and get information. I think the only thing the App adds is to connect to hotspots - other Hub4 users will need to comment whether you can still connect to hotspots

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for your reply John this is helpful I appreciate your answer.

I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens. 

Emmalou