cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 activation

Johnnerspub
Tuning in

Hi,

I was persuaded to upgrade my hub after agreeing to a new contract.

I was sent a hub 4. To confirm there are no loose connections with any cables.

I followed the instructions and the hub does not connect to the internet. I ran the diagnostic and the report said "your broadband connection is down" "Gateway ipv4 address is not valid". The hub status overview also reports "internet (no DS detected).

I unplugged the hub 4 and reinstalled my old hub 2. Everything worked normally and I was able to access the internet.

I attempted again to install the hub 4 with the same fault occurring. 

I contacted virgin support who said my hub 4 had an activation error and they would look into it and contact me. Nobody has. I have been left in limbo. 

Please can someone from virgin activate the new hub you sent me or update me on my issue.

Thanks in advacnce

4 REPLIES 4

Johnnerspub
Tuning in

*update

No further along with solving the issue. Virgin support have contacted me. They believed the fault had been rectified and I was asked to do a pinhole reset of the hub 4. This still did not work. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I do not know which number you called, but there is a separate one for activation:

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Johnnerspub
Tuning in

Thank you, I managed to speak to a very helpful member of support staff (Tracy). She spoke to the technical support staff and convinced them the fault was with virgin media not activating the hub. It should have done it automatically when I plugged it in, but for whatever reason it did not work. I was asked to do a further pinhole reset, holding the button in for 1 minute. Following the hub rebooting the hub got activated and is now working and connected to the internet. Tracy stayed on the phone with me the whole time to make sure the fault was rectified. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Brilliant, thanks for the update there.

I'm glad the Hub is working for you, do let us know if you face any further issues.

Take care,

Kain