cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Registration Failure

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Hi,

Working away this morning and suddenly the internet goes down. Wired and wireless.

Admin page of router days: Registration Failure.

Have restarted, checked connections, reset router etc but still no go. This was at 10am so it's been 2 hours.

Service status says all ok in my area but when I run the tests, it restarts several times and days I've run out of tests!

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the message you refer to and the tech booking is at odds - if there is a known area fault then tech visits are suspended until the outage or problem is cleared usually - wait and see if the tech turns up if not you should be able to claim £25 compensation if you are not informed the visit is cancelled

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you paid your bill?

rockgeek
On our wavelength

All paid and fine. TV works.

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Now I got a message saying:

"Hi, it's Virgin Media. We've put your service visit on hold while we investigate a network problem affecting your services. We'll update you when this is fixed."

Is there a way to claim compensation for downtime?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

compensation kicks in after 48 hours afaik so if its not down 48 hours then you get nothing - after that its £8 a day or there abouts

Tony.
Sacked VIP

rockgeek
On our wavelength

It's been 24 hours so we'll see

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

tv works you say - how is that connected 

have you tried resetting the hub4

Tony.
Sacked VIP

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Connected to the virgin media box. The box is wired I to the router but doesn't have network connectivity. To be clear, no internet at all anywhere.

I've reset the router more times than I care to count. I've switched it off for several hours and left it on for several hours.

Nada.

Engineer supposed to be coming today but alas, that message above doesn't seem promising

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the message you refer to and the tech booking is at odds - if there is a known area fault then tech visits are suspended until the outage or problem is cleared usually - wait and see if the tech turns up if not you should be able to claim £25 compensation if you are not informed the visit is cancelled

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rockgeek

Thank you for making this post about the resgistration failure you are experiencing with your Hub. Did the engineer arrive on Tuesday?

How are things working for you now?

Kind regards,

Serena