cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 M200 to Gig1 Upgrade not kicked in on router

kevkdg
Dialled in

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded from M200 to Gig1.  However, despite restarting my existing hub 4 router several times yesterday afternoon and this morning I am yet to see the 1 GB.

I got the confirmation email yesterday and am now paying for 1 GB Broadband.

Your new package now includes:

Broadband: Intelligent WiFi Plus service - Gig1 Fibre Broadband - Intelligent WiFi Pod 1

We've removed:

Broadband: M200 Fibre Broadband

My router is still capped at 2Mb though I think, any ideas please?

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
69834ncxv9873254k;fg87dsf

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort
9 REPLIES 9

jem101
Superstar

Which model of VM Hub do you have? It has to be a Hub 4 to get the 1 Gig service.

Hi, it's a hub 4 I already had in use. Thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second pinhole reset as below to force an updated config file.
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Your Primary flow is still on the 200 speed.  If the reset doesn't work  phone in.  Otherwise wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming I’m correct, you didn’t have WiFi Pods when on 200Mb.

If this is correct, the speed upgrade won’t happen until you have received and installed the WiFi Pods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@ernie_C Yes you are correct.  First Pod should arrive on Saturday.

Also, I currently have 2 SSID's (1 for 5GHz and 1 for 2.4GHz) and I have disabled Smart WiFi and manually set the 5GHz channel to 56 as less congestion.  Auto channel selection never seemed to cut it!

Will I have to set all this back to fully automated and recombine my separate SSID's when the Pods arrive?  Wonder if it is quicker to log onto the Hub and select "Restore to Factory Defaults" option?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the WiFi Pods require your Hub4 to be in Router Mode with a single SSID and Channel optimisation enabled. The WiFi Pods then broadcast that same single SSID.

Hi,

Just an update, wi-fi pod arrived and installed.  This did not trigger the Gig1 router config file update.  I also tried the 60 second reset, as well as several normal pin hole resets.... no luck there either!

I guess I need to phone VM, but not sure which dept?

Cheers

Seems that it can take 24 hours from the time I activated my POD (as the POD was on the same order as the Gig1 upgrade).

So fingers crossed for tmw.

However, the POD is so bad, stronger signal on upper floor so devices connect via the POD BUT actual speed via POD is slower than if they connected directly to the router using the weaker signal.

And to round things off, now that the SSID is combined, the automatic control over whether the device connects to 2.4GHz or 5GHz is really annoying as 2.4GHz is so slow!  The whole set up is next to useless on the Wi-Fi side.

Looking at whether to buy two of these:

Asus RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band

or get two of these:

Asus ZenWiFi AX Tri-Band XT8's

I think I need a mesh that allows for split SSID's unless these routers can handle auto assigning devices using a combined SSID better than the HUB4.