cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Boosters set up

IAC2
On our wavelength

Hi!

I've recently updated my Hub to a Hub 4. I was able to install it using the self installation kit but I’m having trouble setting up the boosters (which we need in order to get wifi in our bedroom).

I had this same issue with my Hub 3, we only managed to get a very low signal in the bedroom which was only solved by calling Virgin support. They did something on their end and that solved the issue...I’m struggling to find a phone number now. Could I please get some advice or would it be possible to solve it myself? 

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The easiest way to solve this is to change the SSID and password of your Hub4 to the same as your old hub, this means all your devices and boosters will work with one change rather than having to go round many devices 

IAC2
On our wavelength

Thanks jb66 for your reply and suggestion. I seemed to have been able to set them up under the Hub 4 new wifi name and password, the problem is the signal I get is to low. I can’t use the app to test how they are working as it does not support the hub 4 apparently… is there any phone number for support? Thanks!

Hi @IAC2,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with your boosters. Does any of the support provided here help at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

IAC2
On our wavelength

Hi Zach,

Im afraid not. Im a bit reluctant to changing the hub 4 password as it’s working perfectly fine. Cant really risk messing up the wifi whilst installing the boosters so if you have any other tips on how to properly install my boosters without the app that would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @IAC2,

Apologies for the delayed response here. Is this issue ongoing for you today?

If it is, can you confirm what troubleshooting detailed in the link provided that you've carried out thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

IAC2
On our wavelength

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is still ongoing unfortunately.

I did manage to install the booster but we can only get a very week signal in that room (two bars) sometimes no signal at all. 

We had this problem with our previous hub and was resolved by someone at Virgin Media after I tried all the suggested troubleshoots at home.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @IAC2, I'm sorry to hear that the booster has not improved things in the room. I understand this must be frustrating.

I would like to take a look further into this to see what we can do to get it resolved, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena