Menu
james1947
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3

after reading that the hub 3 was being upgrade i decide to go for the hub 3 from my hub 2ac in the news paper report they said it was free for existing customer , Wrong they have charged me £25 for it is this right if so the news paper report is wrong 

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3

A few weeks back there was a software upgrade to my Hub3 is this what you read about?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
james1947
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a new Hub 3? 

The Hub 3 router comes as standard for new customers.

If you still have one of Virgin Media's older routers, and have checked you're on a decent deal (see above) you can get request the Hub 3 for free by calling it on 0345 454 1111 or through your online account - and you won't need to sign up to a new contract to get one.

0 Kudos
james1947
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thats what i thought but they charged me £25 for the new hub 3 and offered me 350 speed for an extra £2 a month so accepted that but you have to take out another contract  

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've no idea on VM phone numbers and if that one is a special one but is that the number you called?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For the link to a "free" Hub3 replacement see below. If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,5 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet !
Also the "small print" says its only for customers who have been alerted to the offer through their VM accounts !
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
james1947
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

by the way the mail they sent confirming the the new contract they say and i quote the new package now includes : broadband vivid 350 optical fibre.

we,ve removed broadband vivid 200 optical fibre  and phone caller display 

WHY caller display 

0 Kudos
james1947
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i think i have jumped the gun i have not had any  contact from virgin to say i can have an upgrade and i do get 

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online. Give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and we’ll be happy to help.

so i maybe should have waited for them to inform me, well you learn by your mistakes any way the new hub is getting delivered on Friday.

and yes it was not an English call handler    

0 Kudos
Lemarie
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin has been sending me marketing information for the past three months. I finally switch to their services this past seven days and it's been a horror story. First, they sent me numerous messages that the hub had been delivered when that wasn't the case. Now after installing my devices cant connect because there's a connection problem. I haven't had access to internet at home for 7 days. 

Called the customer service for help, the response was they couldn't help because they were also experiencing down time. At this rate, I might have to cancel my contract. 

0 Kudos