Menu
OzziePoole
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3

Woke this morning and find I have no Wi-Fi or ethernet. 

I have already had three hubs go kibosh in eighteen months, now it looks like another failure!

Have factory reset it using the 192.168.0.1 website and working at the moment but not expecting it to last.

Getting really fed up with VM having to spend 45 minutes on the phone doing tests before they finally concede it's knackered and send a replacement. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3

that all sounds odd - the hub3 is not the best hub technically but they dont have a history of failure - you can push for a new one but it would be worth getting a tech to check things over - you could also post some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi OzziePoole

Thanks for messaging is and we are sorry that you are having issues with the service. Can you confirm that you are still having issues with the WiFi and Ethernet connections? 

Is there anything showing on the outage page here: virg.in/service to see if there's an issue/fix time?

Please keep us updated. 

Kind Regards 

Chris_W1

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Service status is mostly useless. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
OzziePoole
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In the end it was faulty cable that I had used when I moved the Hub due to its close proximity to a soundbar.

The engineer said keeping it 3ft away from electrical sources was nonsense and has placed it on the floor next to the TV.

He made up a length of cable if I want to return it to its previous position.

0 Kudos