Menu
thedrussell
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 set up issues

I contacted VM last week because my internet completely dropped out – no amount of resets or joyful calls to the India call centre fixed it ("have you checked that your device is connected to wifi?").

I won't bore anyone with the details of the incredibly tedious couple of days I spent trying to get answers out of customer support but their solution was to send me a Hub 3. In the mean time, I managed to get the wifi working again by switching to 5GHZ. Not an actual fix because some of my devices don't support it, but better than nothing.

I set it up as per the instructions and waited for 2 hours while it went through the flashing light cycle indicating it was updating. I'm no expert, but the manual said up to 20 mins for the update, I found some people on forums saying up to 40 minutes but 2 hours seems sort of ridiculous? In the end I unplugged it and reverted back to my old router, which is working fine (albeit at a frequency I can't use).

I'm fed up of trying to speak to VM customer support on the phone (same conversation every time that goes nowhere), chat bot support (took 2 hours to reply to a message then ended the conversation?) and twitter ("We're sorry to hear you're having trouble, give us a call on 0345... and we'll get it sorted for you").

Please tell me someone here can help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 set up issues

Hi thedrussell.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

Have you managed to activate your router? If not, please follow the instructions given, and this will fix your issue 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
thedrussell
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've called the activation number multiple times (never received a text) and it says "sorry, we haven't been able to activate your equipment". I stayed on hold for about 20 mins (estimated 3 min wait time) last night to speak to someone about it but gave up. 

Do I need to activate it if I already have a VM fibre connection to my house?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The equipment would need to be activated. 

What I will do is private message you so I can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
thedrussell
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

For the record, this is still not working after DMs from the team on here saying it was activated and a call to the customer support line to activate it. 

0 Kudos
thedrussell
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update: everything working now. VM sent me two Hub 3s and were trying to activate the wrong one. Not sure why it took hours on the phone to about 10 different people figure that out but hopefully it helps someone at some point. 

0 Kudos