Menu
Kateb2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 replacement connected but broadband not working

I tried to replace my old hub 3 with a new one that arrived today.  Followed the installation guide, white power light on and green WiFi light. Not been able to connect any devices.

Test online says the hub is working but connection is not. 

Error message is “ipv4 address is not valid” and “broadband connection is down.”

any advice appreciated, spent 2 hours on hold to virgin before getting cut off!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 replacement connected but broadband not working

Did you call in to activate the new equipment?

Put the old Hub back on and if it works then the new one hasn't been activated as the old one gets deactivated in the process

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kateb2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help! Just tried the old box and that isn’t working either. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried checking for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows you could try the activation number but it will be closed now - 0800 953 9500 - call at 08.00 for best chance of getting through.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kateb2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, tried the online fixes to no avail but will call them in the morning. Thanks for taking time to reply!

0 Kudos