cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 orange power light

Chadders17
Joining in

Ever since the engineer left, the hub shows an orange light, not white power light, also the app won’t connect to the hub. I have tried the pinhole reset, but it’s still the same?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the Hub/connection working as it should?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Not sure, download seems a bit slow at 89mbps, and Wi-Fi patchy

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Can I ask whether that 89mbps reading is from a wired connection?

Thanks,

Kain

Yes

Hi @Chadders17,

Thank you for confirming. If you haven't done so already, can you please follow the below steps?

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If after following the above steps you're still being presented with an orange/amber or red light, please respond to the private message that I'll send to you shortly so we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Chadders17,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so promptly.

As discussed, I've arranged for a technician visit to go ahead. I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule the appointment if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!