cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 not turning on (no lights)

Talisker1924
Joining in

Yesterday I received a Hub 3 on an old equipment swap basis. This morning I plugged it in and nothing, no lights no sounds, just nothing, it's like it's dead out of the box. The switch is definitely in the on postion and was cycled for good measure.

I tried plugging the Hub into a different socket and l read that it can take up to 10 minutes for the Hub to 'wake up'. I left it for 15 minutes and unit still appears dead.

I checked the output from the power adapter and the voltage is good at 12.16Volts.

Maybe there's something I'm missing. Is it likely I've received a completely dead unit out of the box?

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Very likely.  VM re-use equipment returned when customers leave, and (judging by reports here) there's little or no quality control on them,  

A detailed process map: Wipe the baked bean stains off >Call it "refurbished", >Send it out again.  And even step 1 is optional.

Your quickest fix is to phone this in.

Fair enough and yes, I called Virgin and they are sending out an engineer with a replacement unit.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Talisker1924,

Welcome back! Thank you for posting.

Thank you for the update on what is happening, I am sorry for the issues with your Hub-3.

Please let us know how everything goes with the engineer visit.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It was a dead box and has now been replaced.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Talisker1924 

Thank you for getting back to us here on the Community. 

I am please to hear the equipment has been replaced. How have things been since then? Have you seen any improvements? 

Thanks

Nat

With the old 2ac router, I was having an issue where the unit would dump the connection to the internet 2 or 3 times a week only being resolved with a full reboot each time. 

The hub 3 seems to have solved this issue. 

Great to hear Talisker1924,

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm