Menu
WTFhappened
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 keeps resetting the password

I have a Hub 3 which has been in use for about 2-3 months.

It's recently started resetting itself to the default password.  This happens when I switch off the power  to it  - the next time I switch it on the password has been reset again.

Am having to leave it switched on all the time now as its getting annoying to change the password each time.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 keeps resetting the password

Have you tried the pinhole reset to factory settings without turning off ?  Push the pin in firmly till it "stops" and hold for a timed (not guessed) 40 seconds  – don’t turn it off.  This has sorted the same issue for a number of people over the last few weeks.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Guess thats a bug VM missed some how so just leave it on.

One interesting thing you could check is change the password go to modem mode with a PC and get internet working then power the hub off then on see if it resets.

0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@legacy1 wrote:

Guess thats a bug VM missed some how so just leave it on.

Sound more like a faulty hub 3. Even the Superhub 1 to 2s to do this exact fault when they're failing and need replaced. The customer has only had it near 3 months, so it could have been a returned hub nearing the end of its life.

WTFhappened
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Have you tried the pinhole reset to factory settings without turning off ?  Push the pin in firmly till it "stops" and hold for a timed (not guessed) 40 seconds  – don’t turn it off.  This has sorted the same issue for a number of people over the last few weeks.

Thanks for the tip.  Have just tried reseting for 40 sec but I get the same results... the password is reset to default

0 Kudos
WTFhappened
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:

One interesting thing you could check is change the password go to modem mode with a PC and get internet working then power the hub off then on see if it resets.

Yes, had already tried this but didn't work. thanks

0 Kudos
WTFhappened
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Shelke wrote:

@legacy1
Sound more like a faulty hub 3. Even the Superhub 1 to 2s to do this exact fault when they're failing and need replaced. The customer has only had it near 3 months, so it could have been a returned hub nearing the end of its life.

Yes thats what I was thinking.  I was hoping a Virgin media tech would reply to this message and offer to send one out to me - as I have seen on other similar posts... otherwise it means getting them on the phone which is an absolute nightmare!

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can't see the point of doing a FR when the Hub is doing a FR itself.

There have been a couple of posts on here recently, where VM updates have reset the Hub, the Network logs may yield a few clues.

If this is not the case, then I would tend to agree with Shelke that the Hub is faulty.

0 Kudos
WTFhappened
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't think its being caused by updates as it happens every single time I power down the hub and then switch it on again

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@WTFhappened wrote:

@legacy1 wrote:

Yes, had already tried this but didn't work. thanks

What you mean by didn't work? Does your PC not get internet?

0 Kudos