cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 into Phone Line?

slp12
Settling in

Hi, we are trying to set up our new Virgin Hub 3 but are having issues. We were told when we set up the account that as the previous owners had Virgin we could set up without an engineer. However, we only have a circular cable and a square plug. It appears to be that we have a phone line into the house but no way to connect this to the hub (we only have broadband not phone services). Can anyone tell us what cable or adapter we need to be able to connect the broadband into the phone line plug? 

Photo of the plug included

image0.png

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Slp12, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry about the issues you've had getting connected and for the delay in getting back in touch. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see we've since been out to rectify this for you. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

anniegmac
Joining in

I have the exact same problem. Flat only appears to have  a phone line, no other visible connections. I also got sent the quick set up kit amd assumed I could do it myself. But there is nowhere to set up. Can an engineer be sent out to fix this?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @anniegmac 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your broadband sorted. 

Has the flat been recently renovated? When signing up with us our systems will indicate if the property has previously had virgin media services in the past, if that is the case we will send out the quickstart package.  If this point had been removed at some point then it would require an engineer to re-install it.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

anniegmac
Joining in

Hi, thanks for responding. I live in a rented property so I don't know what work was done before I moved in. I have searched all the rooms throughout the house and I cannot locate one or even where one used to be. So yes think indeed an engineer to come out.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

We can't arranged for the engineer to come out from here,  you would need to get in touch with our pre-install team, there number is 0800 052 1734.

Kind regards,

Zak_M