Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 installation not working with cablecon 3

nathanwhite0509
Joining in

IMG_4103.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg

IMG_4102.jpeg

I have a Hub 3 and tried to set it up in my flat. The wall socket is outside the flat in the corridor and is split between my flat and another. One cable runs into my flat. But the cable is a ‘cablecon 3.9’ and although it seems to screw into the Hub 3, when I turn the Hub 3 on it does not come on. No light comes on and even after waiting, no light appears. 

Do I need an adapter for cablecon 3.9 to link to the cable that came with the installation book? Should the Hub 3 show a light on straight away when it is connected to the mains?

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The hub 3 power lights are explained here (use the drop-downs next to each heading)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working

When you power on the VM hub you should see the power light turn on at the bottom.

There is a power switch on the back. Is that switched on?

If you have no lights at all on the hub then you may have a problem with the hub or the power supply (check the fuse to the power supply)

nathanwhite0509
Joining in

Thank you, the light does not come in when plugged in. I have tested the fuse and it works so I assume it is a problem with the switch or the Hub itself?

Should it work with a cable con 3.9 for when I do hopefully get a replacement?

Do you know if there is a working VM connection in the other flat which shares the cable? If there is, and your arranagement of cables looks something like this

|--->>Cable>>---Your flat
Wall box in corridor >> Cable>>Splitter>> |
                                                                   |--->>Cable>>---Flat 2

then it should work (if you had a hub that turned on)

Call the preinstallation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and explain the problem. They may send a tech to check the cabling and/or swap the hub or they may send you another hub.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Even with no cables connected the Hub should have some lights on.  It's either a faulty PSU or Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nathanwhite0509
Joining in

Thanks all, have got an appointment with the preinstallation team now

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

ong time since i saw a hub 3 but all hubs have an on/off switch some are less obvious than others

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the tiniest wee switches ever .....  😉 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks