Menu
Foggy_VM
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 default password doesnt work

Hi there

I want to put the hub into Modem mode so I can use my own router, but the default password on the Hub3 doesn't work.

I have viewed a lot of other posts suggesting holding the reset button for various amounts of time, but none of these has worked.

I guess I need a new Hub as this seems to be the only fix.

0 Kudos
chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 default password doesnt work

a factory reset will restore the password back to what it was originally.
are you sure you're using the correct password? it's not the same as the WIFI password.
0 Kudos
Foggy_VM
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, i am using the 'correct' password - not the WIFI password.

I have searched the forum, and tried holding the reset button in for 10, 20, 30 seconds, and then for so long that i forgot when i started.

0 Kudos
chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Foggy_VM
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have followed that guide already and nothing changed - the password on the Hub just fails.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Foggy_VM,

Thanks for your post. 

The quickest way to do this reset, is to PIN hole reset the router. Simply insert a PIN or similar into the hole in the back of the router marked 'reset', and hold for approximatley 60 seconds. The hub will shut down, and then when reboot, be restored to factory default settings.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi Foggy_VM,

Thanks for your post. 

The quickest way to do this reset, is to PIN hole reset the router. Simply insert a PIN or similar into the hole in the back of the router marked 'reset', and hold for approximatley 60 seconds. The hub will shut down, and then when reboot, be restored to factory default settings.

Kind regards,

why 60 seconds when the "help sheet" says 20 seconds?

"Below the Ethernet points, you will see a pinhole marked 'RESET'. Use a paper clip or pen to press the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It does, but I always do it for a minute. Personal choice I guess Smiley Happy 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Foggy_VM
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is the exact reason i want to put this thing in Modem mode, so i can use a 'proper' router. So much different information to do one thing.

I am a company IT Administrator for the past 15 years, and been in IT for many more. I have been on advanced networking courses, but when you cant even log onto your router as the password supplied doesn't work (and i'm not the only one) you do have to wonder whats going on.

I will give it another try shortly and report back - now whats that word for doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No worries Foggy_VM, 

Keep me posted if you need us further,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos