cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 and Connect App issues

Tooms1
Joining in

I received a new Hub 3 on Friday. Followed the installation instructions and got internet working, however despite my download speed being good, I had nearly no upload speed (less than 1mbps). 

I then tried to connect to the hub via the connect app with no luck (can’t connect to the router). 

I now have no internet whatsoever. I have followed all the recommendations (restarted router, deleted and reinstalled app, hard rest router) but still with no luck. 

I have checked to see if there are any issues in my area which it says there aren’t. However when I try and check my connection through the virgin media website it then says there are issues which VM techs are working on. However I can see other networks near me which I can only assume are working, as well as a VM hotspot which works which leads me to believe it’s not a network issue but a problem with my connection. 

My hub has a solid yellow light on the front. 

I need internet to work from home from 9am tomorrow morning, which I am very much doubting is going to happen. 

very disappointing start to the contract which I am already considering cancelling and going with a different provider. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tooms1 

There is a known issue with the Connect app which VM are aware of and working on. 

I've recently seen on another forum that some users have received an update, I don't know if this new update has fixed the issue or not, or if it's just on android or also on ios devices.

When VM update apps, and equipment,  they release them stages, initially just to a few people, then the next stage a few more, and gradually then gradually increase the rollout.

Also, the Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for this info Dave. 

have called the Service Status number and it is saying there is disruption and they are doing their best to fix it. 

will sit tight for now and hope this doesn’t drag on too long!