cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Showing Red Power Light permanently - overheating

rararapromotion
Tuning in

Hello, 

I've tried to get some sense out of the Virgin Media call centre about this but the person I was speaking to paid no attention to the issue I was describing and the fact that I had run all the tests ad fixes suggested by Virgin and the community here and kept going on about wifi coverage in my house. Which I resolved months ago. 

Anyone have any idea how to get to Second Tier Tech Services to get an appointment or advice on how to fix my Hub 3, when the overheating light is on permanently, it feels warmer than it should, is upright and well ventilated.? I have done all the fixes. The person I spoke to in the call centre said she was transferring me and I was on hold over an hour.

From reading other posts here it seems that I may need a new Hub. 

Thanks all. 

14 REPLIES 14

Apparently the light is supposed to be 'magenta' for Modem mode.... I'm a bloke - I have no idea what magenta even is!!!

Mine is in modem mode and definitely would be described as red.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi rararapromotion, 

Thanks for coming back. My apologies it looks as though the private message hasn't gone through on our end for some reason. I have resent this for you now. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

For everyone else, I will certainly pass on your feedback regarding the lights colour to the relevant teams 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi rararapromotion,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. I'm afraid one or more of the characters you gave me was incorrect. As you are not the account holder there isn't another way I can verify you I'm afraid. 

Whilst I am not able to discuss anything account specific, we can still book an engineer to come out and run some checks on the hub. I have done this for you. 

The account holder will be able to check the date and time by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. If the appointment is unsuitable, they can reschedule the appointment there too. 

Let us know via the community thread how the visit goes. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hello Kath, 

Thank you so much. That is absolutely brilliant. I spent two hours on the phone yesterday trying to get an engineer appointment. Time and date is ideal too as will be in. 

Have a great rest of the day. 

Cheerio

Louise

Hi Louise, 

Thanks so much for coming back and updating me.

I'm glad things the appointment is ideal. Please let us know how the visit goes. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team