cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Showing Red Power Light permanently - overheating

rararapromotion
Tuning in

Hello, 

I've tried to get some sense out of the Virgin Media call centre about this but the person I was speaking to paid no attention to the issue I was describing and the fact that I had run all the tests ad fixes suggested by Virgin and the community here and kept going on about wifi coverage in my house. Which I resolved months ago. 

Anyone have any idea how to get to Second Tier Tech Services to get an appointment or advice on how to fix my Hub 3, when the overheating light is on permanently, it feels warmer than it should, is upright and well ventilated.? I have done all the fixes. The person I spoke to in the call centre said she was transferring me and I was on hold over an hour.

From reading other posts here it seems that I may need a new Hub. 

Thanks all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi rararapromotion,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. I'm afraid one or more of the characters you gave me was incorrect. As you are not the account holder there isn't another way I can verify you I'm afraid. 

Whilst I am not able to discuss anything account specific, we can still book an engineer to come out and run some checks on the hub. I have done this for you. 

The account holder will be able to check the date and time by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. If the appointment is unsuitable, they can reschedule the appointment there too. 

Let us know via the community thread how the visit goes. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

lotharmat
Community elder
Call 150 and tell them that is is really really hot!

Or wait for VM Forum staff to pick this up - could be a day or so!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you! Will do. Hopefully it will work. 

The hub isn't in modem mode is it?

How would I check that, sorry, not massively techie at all. Thank you though.

If you have not put it in modem mode yourself then it shouldn't be in that mode, and if it is then it's faulty anyway and needs to be replaced 🙂

Hi rararapromotion,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your Hub.

I'd be more than happy to look into this further for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

@Laurie_C wrote:

Hi rararapromotion,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your Hub.

I'd be more than happy to look into this further for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

I see what you did there!! 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Great. Will await your message. Thank you

Wolfclaw_0-1628761873337.png

So according to VMs own guide, this means it running hot.
Well, this also means your in modem mode (as is mine), so VM which is it?
If it's both, then that is just stupid but not surprising from VM.

------------------------------------------------
Gig1 Package
Hub v4 Modem Mode
Asus RT-AX86U
2.5G CAT 7 LAN
Windows Server 2022

My Broadband Ping - Wolfclaw-BBM1