Menu
thechickenadobo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Isolator Cable has a Ethernet Cable attached to it - Do I need to plug it in

Hello,

I am in need of using all 4 of my Hub 3s Ethernet sockets and I'm wondering if the Ethernet Cable attached to my Isolator cable is needed to be plugged in the back of the Hub 3? Also what does it do?

I've been getting really high latency/ping when gaming, usually at around evening times and I'm trying to pinpoint the cause of this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Isolator Cable has a Ethernet Cable attached to it - Do I need to plug it in

NEVER REMOVE THE ISOLATOR CABLE. Its a safety device
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Isolator Cable has a Ethernet Cable attached to it - Do I need to plug it in

You are confused about the cables. The isolator cable connects the hub to the wall socket either directly or via a splitter. The hub's four LAN ports connect to your devices by Ethernet cables.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
thechickenadobo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yeh i know this, im saying the isolator cable has a ethernet cable taped with it, which is why im confused as to whether i need this plugged in aswell

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi our cable from our network is a screw F connector not an ethernet connector.  Can you post a picture of the setup?

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

no idea why its like that - is this quick start kit - if so i can only assume they have taped them together so they dont get lost when packing the box

as to your question - no you dont need to plug the ethernet cable in - just untape it and use it as a normal cable or keep it as a spare

Tony
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@BumbleVMTech wrote:

Hi our cable from our network is a screw F connector not an ethernet connector.  Can you post a picture of the setup?

Rich

seems clear enough and no need for a pm as your post asks

Tony
0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In a QS kit one end connects to the hub and the other connects to the V6 box.  The V6 can connect through WIFI though even though its not preferred when co-located

Find out more

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the dual cable is for the Tivo. so you can connect the cable to the hub and to the tivo. you don't need to worry about that just use the coax from the wall to the hub then use your own ethernet
0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- I didn't ask for a PM I only asked for a picture of setup

Find out more

0 Kudos