cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 keep turning off

pNUT92
Joining in

Hi,

My virgin hub 3.0 keeps turning off completely, i.e all the lights go off. It's been in the same position and been working fine for years. Just today the lights have turned off, and after multiple reboot attempts (turning off and on, checking all wire connections are secure etc) the hub reboots but stays on for a minute then switches off again. Nothing faulty with sockets as other appliances work just fine. 

What could be the issue? Faulty hub? How do I get a replacement? Only help o can find online is to book an engineer to come out after 5 days for a charge of £25?? That's not good enough. I need my internet and now. 

Please help someone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only way you will get it fixed is by a technician's visit. If the hub is fault you will not be charged. Phone again.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only way you will get it fixed is by a technician's visit. If the hub is fault you will not be charged. Phone again.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for your reply. Is there not a way to get them to come out earlier? I've a busy house with multiple devices relying on WiFi and can not wait until Thursday. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately as you have a residential service there is no SLA and it's best endeavours for fixes. If you must have an internet service always you should have a business account with an SLA or invest in an alternative connection.

Tudor

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey pNUT92, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to see you are having some major connection issues with your router.

I understand how frustrating this is, we send our techs free of charge there would only be a charge if the fault was diagnosed as nothing to do with Virgin Media, the equipment has been damaged or if you missed the appointment. 

Now depending how busy they are in the area would impact on how soon they can come. 

However we do get emergency appointments which are taken on first come first serve basis. We also have a extra package add-on called Homeworks, which is an extra charge per month but does allow you to get a tech out the next working day.

This is aimed towards more home based workers.

I want to look into this, so I will send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?