cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 issue - Internet/Wireless working - Yellow base light - No green lights.

SaitenMar
On our wavelength

Hi folks, 

Just had a Hub 3.0 delivered and I set it up but I'm a little unclear on an issue. Tried doing some googling but couldn't find a real answer to my question. Basically, it starts up and goes through the process of connecting, showing green lights at the base, internet, and wireless (no phone is connected) and it appears like everything is okay when I check my wired and wireless connections. But eventually, the base light goes yellow and the two green lights turn off entirely. 

Is this normal behavior for Hub 3.0, or is it a sign of something not working right?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

We have a HUB 3 - once started and operating normally there is just a yellowish white bar lit at front.

All other front panel lights are off.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Hero

We have a HUB 3 - once started and operating normally there is just a yellowish white bar lit at front.

All other front panel lights are off.

That's good to read. Everything seems to be working fine to be fair.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Old component LED most likely has gone yellow over time.  It should be white when new.  If it's working leave well alone  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks