Menu
Highlighted
cnapan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 continually restarting, New

Issue started today in New Malden Virgin area.

Tried full reset in the end, didn't work. Website has a broadband issue, with a 5 day resolution date!

"You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you."

Surprised I'm not seeing more people complaining about this and am suspicious it's not the reason.

The box has a green flashing light and if I press "router status" on the home screen, only the status tab says something (others just spin till the router restarts)

The network log shows many "Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response" and "No Ranging Response received" messages (all with unix epoch dates, marked 'critical') - can't easily paste here as can't connect via wifi to the router and am posting via laptop).

The status tab shows network access to be "blocked" and the summary display on the home page when you login shows Internet: "Access Denied", but maybe that's just what it says when it can't establish a connection.

I've checked the wiring and I can't see any issues with the cable - tightly attached.

Does anyone know of an issue in this area estimated not to be fixed for 5 days?

0 Kudos
Sunnydays323
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 continually restarting, New

We're having the same problem in the Raynes Park area, have only been with virgin media for 1 month, not happy at all. I called them and got an automated message saying that there were performance issues in the area and it should be fixed by 9am tomorrow.

We were with Sky for over 10 years and amazingly were never without broadband for longer than an hour. Not sure we made the right decision to leave.

0 Kudos
cnapan
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 continually restarting, New

The good news is that it's working this morning, so the "Access Denied" message on the hub was not a problem with our particular account after all.

We get the "flashing light of doom" thing perhaps once every couple of months. I think the hub automatically reboots when some network problem stops it getting a connection, which makes it hard to see what exactly is going on.

0 Kudos