Menu
Mrcjws
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 broken?

Have had the hub for a little over 6 months, with sporadic connection issues, but now think the Hub is faulty.

Turn it on, base light flashes white. Green wi-fi and Internet lights flash and turn solid. Base light goes solid white. All looking good, then four red lights come on, and cycle repeats. Hub has done this repeatedly for 24 hours. Have tried factory reset, unplugging, etc. No fault in our area, apparently, so looks like our Hub needs replacing?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 broken?

Do a pinhole reset to factory settings this way.
With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and Wifi networks should revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.
If that doesn’t sort it you may have a network connection issue specific to you - call it in as a fault and see what they say

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mrcjws
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 broken?

Thank you for your help. After the first reset, it worked for about 30 mins before repeating the problem, but a second factory reset seems to have done the trick.

The Hub didn’t feel incredibly hot, but I’m wondering if one of the vents was slightly covered, causing it to overheat? I have moved the Hub to a new spot, will keep an eye on it and see if it stabilises.

0 Kudos