cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid green WiFi light, flashing green light at base

ollyL
Joining in

Hi, I’m having trouble setting up my hub 3.0 and getting the same problem as other people on here, I have tried turning off and on again and also resetting multiple times. 

Anything else I can try?

I need to be online ASAP due to work commitments.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s a new installation, have you phoned up to get the hub activated?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

ring up again to see if its acticed on the account

before that pin reset the router to see if it can get online but sometimes they forget to push the update out at the same time when they send out the signal

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is still no connection and they insist it is activated (check that the serial number they have activated is the same as that on your Hub!).
then you will need to swap to a tech install. When VM send out quick start packs they never test the network connection - they just know that there was an active service at your location in the past. This may have been damaged of disconnected for some reason. A tech will check it all out

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s a new installation, have you phoned up to get the hub activated?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor, 

Yeah, I did the text activation and also followed up with a call, but still had the same problems.

ring up again to see if its acticed on the account

before that pin reset the router to see if it can get online but sometimes they forget to push the update out at the same time when they send out the signal

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Thanks, David. I'll give that a go.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is still no connection and they insist it is activated (check that the serial number they have activated is the same as that on your Hub!).
then you will need to swap to a tech install. When VM send out quick start packs they never test the network connection - they just know that there was an active service at your location in the past. This may have been damaged of disconnected for some reason. A tech will check it all out

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi ollyL,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble setting up the new hub.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to speak with an agent to arrange an engineer.

If you do need anything else please let us know.

Alex_Rm