Menu
AistisR
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 - access denied

Hello,

So for about a week now I've been having random internet cutoffs. When it happens it can last anywhere from 10 minutes to 5 hours and it comes back on just as randomly. It is indicated by the hub 3.0 light flashing green.

I've had Virgin technician come not once, but twice, and they have done absolutely nothing to fix this issue. At this point I feel like calling the tech support line again would be a waste of time as they were not able to help me first two times.

What should I do? 

0 Kudos
AndyJUK
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 - access denied

There is nothing you can do. It is a virgin media issue and nothing to do with your hub. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 - access denied

@AistisR wrote:
So for about a week now I've been having random internet cutoffs. When it happens it can last anywhere from 10 minutes to 5 hours and it comes back on just as randomly. It is indicated by the hub 3.0 light flashing green.

You dont actually say, is it just loss of wifi connection or is the ethernet cable connection also going down? 

If it is, and you have had a technician visit twice with no improvement, it suggests to me (and AndyJ)  that the problem may well be outside of your property upstream on the VM network itself ( a dodgy cable perhaps).  A VM staff member might be able to help check that but they can take up to a week to pick up these threads.  In the meantime try this.... (although it theoretically would have been checked in your two visits - still worth doing until it is picked up).

Check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!).  Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.  If that’s all good post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  Go to http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1  - if in modem mode) in your browser [there is no need to login] and then click on the  “router status” icon at  top right - or the text at bottom middle - of first page up (depending on which hub you have) and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream , &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read, but try to avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses - blank them out.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos