Menu
RobboC
Tuning in
Message 11 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Keeps Losing Passwords and Settings

Hi Ralph, thanks for the reply. I have already tried this a few times with no success.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi RobboC 

I will send you a private message to get this issue sorted out 

Just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
malutki21
Joining in
Message 13 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Im having same problem with my Hub 3.0. Two weeks ago reset itself and after that keeps losing password and settings. I did try all tips from this topic but still after power cut or restart the hub is losing password and settings.

Thanks

Pawel

0 Kudos
markstripes
Joining in
Message 14 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yep - I thought I was going mad as in the last few weeks I've had at least three unexplained, automatic (as in no manual stimulus) complete loss of settings, reversion of SSID, passwords, loss of port forwarding rules, loss of settings password.

Community agent's answer was simply an information-free "I can understand your concern but i have checked the details and there is no issue with the router" and advice to try a pin-hole reset which is tantamount to the "have you tried turning it off and on again" b/s that I really hate about this industry (speaking as someone that has served customer-facing support roles before, it's always a kop-out and last on the list of things to do to clear the call queue and move on to the next case).

"I can understand your concern. The factory reset issue in not that frequent it has happened 3 times in a month. If the router had an issue the factory reset normally happens once or twice in a week."

Erm. O...kay.

*sound of forehead hitting desk*

Guess we'll play the pinhole reset game and wait for the next unexplained loss of settings...

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malutki21, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you've been having this issue. 

If none of the help from the community has helped then I'd advise ringing the team on 150/0345 454 1111 so they can assist further, it is possible a new hub is needed. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markstripes, 

Really sorry this matter hasn't been resolved for you, that is disappointing. 

Have you spoken to our technical team on 150/0345 454 1111 to run some further diagnostics?

Let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
toooner
Joining in
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator

So I have the same issue. My guess it that vast majority of people don't change their default settings and I think it could be a remote reset triggered by Virgin?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@toooner wrote:

So I have the same issue. My guess it that vast majority of people don't change their default settings and I think it could be a remote reset triggered by Virgin?

Unlikely a remote reset. I had this issue for several weeks around the time the "Intelligent WiFi" update was activated. This done a virtual Factory Reset on my hub four times in as many weeks (I do use manual settings) which was very annoying. However this behavior seems to stop for most people after this initial period.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Rachy81
Joining in
Message 19 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My Hub is doing exactly the same, keeps randomly rebooting and restoring all the settings to factory settings. If I restart the hub it also loses all the settings. I have tried pressing the pin button and various turn it off and on again combinations but still keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachy81, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Can you confirm if you've tried a pin hole reset? 

Let me know if you're still having issues with it.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos