Menu
jakegkonrad
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Broadband access denied

Hi there, 

So we recently got our quick start Hub 3.0, plugged it in and lo and behold, its not working. 

All devices connect perfectly to the router, all wires are firmly in and we have reset and restarted as many times as virgin support can scream at us. 

Have followed most similar cases on this forum, set it to modem mode and back again, been on hold to Virgin media for about 4 hours now, again, and just wondered if anybody on here had any advice. 

Should say, our upstream power level is incredibly low but have recently found out this is a bug in the hub 3 placing decimal points at the wrong place. 

Any advice? 

Screenshot_20190810-082103.png

Screenshot_20190809-180540.png

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Broadband access denied

Sorry if its an obvious thing you've already done, but have you phoned up and activated the new hub?  Each hub has a unique identifier and will only work when activated to a VM account, and that still needs to be done even if you've happily used VM for years, and they've sent you the new hub.  

If not you can try the 150 customer service number, but before that you might want to try (from another poster's response a while back) 0800 953 9500

0 Kudos
jakegkonrad
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there yeah, we've done all of those things and no luck currently, the customer service number is an honest to god hOrror house 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jakegkonrad,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message you so I can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos