cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up wifi on uncrimped ethernet cable?

LarsM
Joining in

Hello everyone. 

My landlord provides internet for the tenants in his building to use, but the cable looks like this (no fitting attached to insert it into a computer or router).

Please can someone let me know how I could get it set up to a router for wi-fi?

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-17 at 21.43.38.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That would need an F plug putting onto the cable. Really this should be done by VM when the internet is installed. Looks like a previous tenant has just cut off the plug. If you are paying the landlord for the internet service the account would be in their name and the would have to contact VM. If you will be paying directly to VM then you need a technician’s install.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

LittleMick73
Superstar

Are you a virgin subscriber you need to sign up and pay for the service 

If the landlord provides broadband to a number of tenants, the distribution to the flats would usually be either by WiFi or by ethernet.  There wouldn't be multiple coax feeds.   Are you sure that coax isn't for TV or satellite ?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.