Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert to the HIB 3

andrewmm
Fibre optic

Seems the HIB 4 is a negative step for me,

not least as its DHCP server function is present but broken,

Virgin ,

I still have the old Hub 3, how do I revert to using that , which has a more working DHCP server.

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Why did you start another thread on this?

Your networking requirements are clearly more advanced than the average user.  To tie yourself to that very basic router seems a very limiting choice.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Z92
Trouble shooter

In the new version of firmware for hub3/4, the ability to configure dhcp may be missing completely (as 99% of users don't use it), so I would suggest buying your own router which you'll then have full control over.

Typically, it's easier to remove things that don't work property rather than fix them, specially when the majority don't use the feature.

Thank you

I just don't fancy paying 600 Quid for a decent router that can handle the 500 plus M bandwidth and still have a firewall,

just cause Virgins , which we effectivly pay for by our subscription, is broken,

Don't suppose you know of a way to get a firewall and DHCP server that does the bandwidth for less ?

BTW: 

Did you ever hear of a site "NTLHell" from 2007 ? , not the new one ..

@andrewmm wrote:

I just don't fancy paying 600 Quid for a decent router that can handle the 500 plus M bandwidth and still have a firewall,

Don't suppose you know of a way to get a firewall and DHCP server that does the bandwidth for less ?

I don't suppose many people would fancy paying that much (or indeed pay that much).

£70 will get you a very capable wireless router with hardware NAT and decent firewall.

In addition, going down that route means your internal network structure is defined independently from the VM equipment.
If you change BB supplier there would be no impact on that internal network.

Thank you @eeps

At GBP 70, If you could point us at what you would suggest for a 500 Mb firewall I'd appreciate it, 

I use a mid range TP-Link product (Archer C7).
I believe the A7 is the same device but with some Amazon functionality.

Available from many sources.

Thank you

This is the TP link device ?

what data rate can you achieve through the fire wall ?