cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return new, un-needed kit?

paulrisk
Joining in

Hey all.  I find Virgin Media one of the hardest companies to contact!  I've given up trying to use the chat bot and the worlds worst telephone system, so trying here instead.

I was shipped some new kit for my install, however it hadn't arrived by the time the engineer got here, so he installed the kit from his van instead.  A day later the new kit arrived which I need to send back.  Is there anyone from Virgin Media on here that can give me the details on how to return the new, un-used please?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi paulrisk,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

You can see how to arrange returns packaging here

Alex_Rm

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi the simple thing to have done knowing you had the equipment installed, was not to have signed for or accepted the stuff it would have been automatically returned to Virgin. Regards Micky

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It shouldn't happen that kit is sent out for self install and an engineer is arranged as well before the kit is delivered.

Even where a customers finds that they don't have the wall points for the self install, the engineer is supposed to be arranged for after the delivery to avoid this specific scenario!
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Sorry Alex, that link isn't right (that takes you to about "How do I opt out of receiving any leaflets or unaddressed promotional material?")

I called Virgin Media today, and they've said that I don't have any kit to return, so just keep both sets of brand new equipment that I've been given!?!?!?!

Just as well I signed for it and kept it, as Virgin Media cut me off today (router UI said “Internet access: denied” and “Network access: blocked”). I plugged in the 2nd new router they sent me (in addition to the one the engineer installed the day before) and was back up and running. I now have a 5 day old brand new router/hub that is useless, as the 4 day old one is working. 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @paulrisk 

The correct link to request returns packaging is /request-returns-pack 

I'd be a little reluctant to return it though in case VM disconnect the wrong equipment when they scan it back into the systems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi paulrisk, 

Our apologies for the error with the link, I see you have now been provided with the correct one, thanks newapollo. 

If you have any further concerns or questions, please do get back in touch. 

Thanks 

Nat