Menu
jas7o
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How to request hub replace (VMDG485)

Hi 

Small question how to request replace hub2, every single time when is hot like today I start getting network drop or just modem suddenly freeze, now it will be fourth time when is so hot around and I getting same issue every single time. Its become so irritating.

thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to request hub replace (VMDG485)

Whilst you should probably seek an upgrade if you are on SHUB2 (that model number IS for SHUB2) , thats unlikely to be the issue.

More likely the cabinet up the road from you is overheating, so report it as a fault. HUBS are fairly temperature tolerant.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jas7o
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

give them a call yes? and modem upgrade? also make call and ask for replace ??

thx

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yup, they should replace SHUB2 free of charge as its ropey as heck.

Might be worth reporting the fault, then asking the engineer on the day to replace the HUB, they usually have stock on the van. Anything too complicated will just baffle 1st line support.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jas7o
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok thx

0 Kudos
jas7o
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Any chance any moderator looking into this post, calling support and explain you getting disconnections, hub hangs etc... is a waste of time!  I work in IT  and I not need instruction how to unplug/plug cable or how many light I see on modem!. Also when I say it is happen when is hot outside she said to me ...no no I can see is cold outside...then I Finnish conversation. So any chance moderator can rapport for me issue with my connection when is more like 25 outside and it is not happening first time, And I don't need to fight over the phone is warm or cold and she still asking me how many device in home haven't got internet. 

thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the heat isn't relevant here if you want a replacement hub, so you don't need to mention it.
also, the CS agents have to treat everyone the same, you working in IT is also not relevant to them dealing the their systems ( i work in IT too and i know plenty who do also that i wouldn't let anywhere near a router).

simply report a fault saying you are getting disconnected, go thru the motions with them until they have exhausted the list of things their system asks them to do - remember it's not their fault they are asking the questions, the system is prompting them to do so.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jas7o,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns, I'm really sorry that you've been having issues with your broaband connection and have struggled to resolve this.

In taking a look at the backend of your services, I can see that your downstream power levels are too high. This is likely to be the result of an issue in the street cabinet, as Kippies previously suggested. I'd be happy to arrange for a replacement hub if you'd like, but we'd certainly need to arrange an engineer visit to resolve this underlying problem.

I'll send you a private message now to clear account security. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos