Menu
anuupadhyay
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel when no one picks the call?

I have tried everything to contact you to cancel broadband. You can see from my phone screenshot below. After 2 hours waiting, it was automatically disconnected.

After 40-50 mins someone picked up and then as soon as I mentioned cancellation, I was asked to wait again. Then someone picked the phone again after another 30 mins and same stuff..

b0e77b0a-6f5a-4e5d-bec1-1436117a865c.jfif

After this, I tried online chat, I have so far spent another couple of hours on the chat. The response is so slow. It appears that same operator is handling 50 customers in round robin fashion.

I have screenshots for chat too. Can you believe after waiting so long - the operator is telling me that he is going to be away for 15 mins.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

I am not going to try any more. 

Please cancel my services from 12/04/2021.

My account number is 822333601 and Area Ref: 22

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
anuupadhyay
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel when no one picks the call?

I am still waiting...

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are only 3 ways to cancel and note that you have to give 30-days notice and may have early disconnection charges if yiou are still within your minimum agreed time period.

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up - calling at 08.00 (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickl

2. In writing to
Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.
Include dates, name address and all account details. Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

3. Or if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form..

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
marctheg
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am going for option 4, I have similar screenshots as above and just cancelled my direct debit. If Virgin have an issue with that I will happily take legal action as I have made reasonable effort to cancel.

If they cannot handle the volume of calls they need to make cancellation possible online.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not the best of options as VM just pass the outstanding debt to a collection agency - your legal action will probably be needed and you may well "win" the battle - but is it really worth the hassle for the sake of saving the cost a first class stamp.

See this as an example of what can happen.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
marctheg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ask First Rand Bank / Motonovo if it is worth it, I am still living off the compensation they had to pay me when they tried something like this.

Practices such as this need to change, a cancel online button is required especially during a pandemic. If Virgin wasn't so keen on increasing prices and selling extras on the phone they could do this.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm still puzzled why you spent several hours on the phone, and several hours on the chat, then complain on this forum with all your proof, and now more time for a possible legal battle if you just cancel the DD when it would have only taken you 10 minutes from start to finish to write to the cancellation address on your contract. You don't even need a computer to do it. 

0 Kudos
marctheg
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That is simple, during a pandemic I do not see having to go out to send a letter for a service I was able to start 100% online as essential, and Virgin would be hard pushed to argue against that in this current climate.

I have sufficient evidence to show they are not making reasonable effort to allow people to cancel, and as said above, people are still using my templates from my last legal battle to claim thousands due to hardship caused by impacted credit scores and I intend for this to be no different.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, well in that case just cancel the DD and wait for the money to roll in then?