cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take to pull cable and send installation

Ryansc
Tuning in

Hi all 

I am wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me? 
I signed up to join Virgin media for phone line and broadband only with a confirmed install date of the 21st October 2021 however Virgin messaged me at 16.00pm on the 20th October saying the install had to be delayed due to requiring a permit from the local borough council. I sent a termination request to our previous provider which was sky 31 days earlier. I had made phone calls to Virgin and sky as our internet was cut off on the 20th due to the termination request and Virgin leaving it less than 24 hours notice to delay the whole install so now we are without broadband. 
virgin have rescheduled the install until the 8th of November which is not helpful at all as my partner works from home and requires broadband but with the delay it means we have no internet for at least 18 days at our property. Today 24th October we had the guys come out after being granted the permit to put the trunking in the ground which allows the cable pulling team to finally pull the cable. I really need to know if it is possible to speed this whole process up now as on my account it says the following 

service request 1st November 2021

Installation request 8th November 2021

it seems and feels like joining virgin has been nothing but hassle so far for us with plenty of let downs so not really feeling that great with customer service level either. 

I have made at least 10 calls to Virgin so far trying to explain the situation and disappointment so far and have even had the phone put down on me 4 times so far just for expressing my concerns. I had an active complaint that was closed off without explaining what the out come was and with no contact back from virgin and also no returned calls from virgin either when they said they would within 48hours. 
I feel like there is nobody willing to help within virgin install team for new customers. 
many advice would be greatly appreciated 

thank you in advance ryan 

12 REPLIES 12

Ryansc
Tuning in

Hi all 

another update on the situation so far 

still no internet and been delayed for the 4th time now.

after numerous calls to the installation team and being passed around from person to person I am still no further. 
I spoke to one lady on the call to try and and find out what on Earth is taking a service request so long to do. Since we signed up we have had something on our order page that is listed as service request. I do not have a clue what this entails as every rep I have spoken to in the installation team say something different and it has been rolling over for well over 20 days now. 
she booked a service request for today for the afternoon and said someone had to be in for it so my partner took the day off work to wait in. It got to 2pm and she had a knock on the door from a chap from virgin who we thought was going to complete the service request but it turned out he had been sent to ours to see what work had been so far so not sure what that is all about and he looked in the catv duct outside our house and said a cable had been pulled and made some notes but didn’t seem very optimistic that anything else is going to happen in a rush. 
I just checked my orders page on the app again and it now says the following 

service request scheduled 20th 

installation engineer 22nd  

does anyone know exactly what a service request is? The cable in the duct stops in line with the top but not excess is in there apart from about 12 inches where it should require about 5 meters. The cable in the duct is black with copper pin in the middle.

im really getting to the stage where I am going to have no choice but join a different provider as we need the internet for various reasons and it’s causing rifts in the house as I am being to stubborn waiting for virgin where as in reality I should just bail out of this never ending headache and look elsewhere.

I have tried Googling what a service request entails but can’t find the answer. 

also what is a pre pull and what does that entail too? 

thanks in advance guys 

Honestly just get another supplier in now, if and when VM actually install your connection, just cancel it within 14 days, you will pay nothing but have the slight satisfaction of knowing that it has cost VM money and they will get precisely nothing back! Annoyingly you probably won’t be eligible for compensation unless you want to go down the legal route via small claims for loss of earnings (waiting in for engineers who don’t turn up, or do turn up but can’t do anything because of general incompetence etc.)

As you can probably deduce, VM’s internal communication system are virtually non existent, nobody tells anybody else what is happening and their customer services seem to have systemic culture of ‘if not sure just make something up’!

Don’t get me wrong, but when it all works (which presumably it must for the majority of customers), then it’s all fine, speeds and reliability are good - unfortunately when something does go wrong, it seems to do so catastrophically and all four wheels immediately fall off of the wagon! 

John

Hi @Ryansc,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this ongoing issue with your installation. We can understand the frustration caused and we would hate to see you go. I can see you spoke to our team yesterday regarding this. Our team promised to be back in contact as soon as possible when they receive more updates regarding this. We hope to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your patienece,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs