Menu
DrTeeth
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How long from cable laying to active service

VM cabled my street and the workmen packed up 2-3 weeks ago. The VM site still lists my post code as being unable to get the VM service.

How long does it usually take for the service to be active once the cable laying has been completed.

Thanks

DrT

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How long from cable laying to active service

There is a lot of other work in street cabinets and the VM local site. It has been know for it to take up to a year before a full service is available. Unfortunately VM will never give a “go live” date. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

some area have cable laid and never go live. Plenty of areas that get abandoned due to cost or problems. You'll just have to wait until you can order

kenny009uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for hijacking you're thread but im in a similar position. All houses in my area have VM and they have only just got around to doing the flats. Engineers have been out and wired them internally including the lockboxes in the communal areas. Im just waiting on it going live. Very frustrating to say the least.
0 Kudos