cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is my connection?

iamSteve
Dialled in

Hi,  When I had VM installed someone on here said my upload power looked low.  As time has gone on I have the occasional issue when playing games on-line, but generally the speed tests look good to my router.  Please can someone give my info below a quick once over and advise?

speed.JPG

BQM.png

19 REPLIES 19

BQM on the 29th Jan

6d8fa84d87c587431ff4b5f5a07ae91bff41d7a4-29-01-2022

Current BQM

95d90880413b55dce97343c522aed7e1c0a752aa

So its gone proper down hill now!

Hi iamSteve, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and for providing the graphs. 

Taking a look at the Hub, this is showing a prolonged power level issue. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi iamSteve,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

The engineer visited this morning.

He replaced the 4-way splitter and the 2-way (power injection splitter) and tested the cables.  He also informed me that I was Plugged into Yellow Circle in the fiber cabinet and I should have been on Yellow Cross, so he swapped me onto Cross. My ONU had a yellow cross sticker on it already, so guess it was plugged into the wrong one at install (Engineer said the cross-frequency may not have been available when mine was installed).

So just wait and see how it goes now over the next few days.

BQM from today...

b666b8d55e954b781474493104890794c6560e94-04-02-2022

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @iamSteve

I have managed to locate your account & I can see that there is currently a known issue in the area, we are working as hard as possible to get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi,

Can you please take a quick look and just check from your side that all is well now?

Steve.

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Taking a look at our systems this end, there are no longer any faults affecting you. The power and signal levels all are within range and things are looking good. 

Are you having any issues at your end? 

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Looking ok at the moment, a few T3 time-outs but I assume that's normal after several days. thanks for your time.

Thanks @iamSteve, do feel free to come back to the thread if you experience any further issues

Kindest regards,

David_Bn