Menu
Busymum24
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I get help

Hi I will try and keep this short and sweet. I renewed and upgraded my package in January but am still waiting on an engineer to come and install my new equipment. I have two children trying to do home learning and a husband trying to work from home but the WiFi is not strong enough. I keep calling and being told I will here about an engineer in a few days but this has been almost 2 months. Is there anyone else I can contact or can I cancel my contract and go to bt as they now have fibre. I wish virgin had an email contact as I feel like I've spent most my time on hold to get no where 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get help

@Busymum24 wrote:

Hi I will try and keep this short and sweet. I renewed and upgraded my package in January but am still waiting on an engineer to come and install my new equipment. I have two children trying to do home learning and a husband trying to work from home but the WiFi is not strong enough. I keep calling and being told I will here about an engineer in a few days but this has been almost 2 months. Is there anyone else I can contact or can I cancel my contract and go to bt as they now have fibre. I wish virgin had an email contact as I feel like I've spent most my time on hold to get no where 

If you upgraded back in January i'm guessing that you're now outside of your cooling-off period..? cancelling might be a challenge.

Sounds like you're being fobbed off on the phone to be honest - if they arrange an engineer appointment and tell you when it's going to be..

are you certain that the issues you are having are just wifi related? do you have any devices that are connected via ethernet? do they work ok?

If you are on an ultimate oomph or gig package then you are eligible to get a free wifi "pod" from virgin, which is their entry into mesh networking - at the moment there are stock issues but you can register your interest here reports around here suggest that they will be coming back into stock at the end of the month.

if you are not eligible for a free one, they cost £5 per month, and you're probably better off investigating other options - you can buy a reliable entry-level wifi-mesh system for ~£100-130 which will likely solve your wifi issues... 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get help

Hi @Busymum24

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply. Have you got this sorted since posting? If not and because I've not been able to locate your account from the forum details provided, please do PM me the address/postcode etc for the account you have and I can check this for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos