cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I book an engineer please?

katsthebest
Tuning in

Hello, 

Since I moved the location of my TV, TV box and router a few months ago the connection has been iffy, with TV streaming services often crashing or slow to start up. In additional the TV box usually doesn't have any lights showing, even when i've got it working. Is that a power saving thing and therefore not an issue?

I've checked all the connections but i'm wondering if something is loose because the coaxial cables are now a bit stretched from the wall to the TV etc. 

Please can someone help me book an engineer appointment to get a longer cable? I looked through all the help options but couldn't find how to book an appt. 

Thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you extended the cables yourself that could be the problem.

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor, thanks for the reply.

I haven't extended any cables myself, i just moved my TV etc to a different location in the room, which is on a different wall to the cable socket. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey katsthebest, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and this thread.
Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced with the services since moved your equipment in a different room.

Please, visit this link here to check and make sure you've got the correct set up for this. 
We'd also like to ask whether you've decided to switch to a different location without the help from an engineer or VM technician?

Can you please advise if you've moved the hub only, the TV box and / or your landline (or all 3 of them) and how these currently connect to our isolator plate (white wall socket with VM logo)?
Lastly, can you give us an insight on which of the services have been playing up since (TV, BB landline or all)?

In the event you require a relocation for this purpose, we could potentially arrange an engineer visit for you with £25 charge on the next bill.
Please, let us know if you're happy for us to do so and we're here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri, thanks for your reply. 

The TV, hub and TV box are all still in the same original room, I just moved the devices a few feet to a different wall of the same room as I've rearranged furniture. So the white cable is now outstretched from the isolator plate to the TV unit. Everything is plugged in as it should be. The broadband works fine on other devices, but is intermittent on the TV, so streaming channels are sometimes interrupted. 

Yes I would like a relocation/extension of th white cable please, so that it's not outstretched across the corner of the room. Please advise how I can get an engineer appt arranged to do this. Many thanks. 

Thank you for that information. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details and get an engineer booked in. 

^Martin