cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my welcome email?

YunzeWang8sE
Joining in

Hello,

I purchased a broadband package yesterday and I wanted to register for my virgin media account.

However,  I have not received a welcome email with the necessary registration information (area number and account number). I really need help with getting them.

Help needed. 

Best,

Yunze 

4 REPLIES 4

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @YunzeWang8sE 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI YunzeWang8sE, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you have not received the email. Can you confirm when the service is due to go live and have you received anything since posting on Thursday? Chris. 

Hello Chris,

No. Unfortunately, the issue has not been resolved. If anything, it has become progressively confusing. We were told last Thursday that we did not get the email because the current tenant (the apartment we are moving into) did not cancel his contract. We were reassured in three different phone calls that we can go around that problem and have the box delivered this Friday (our move-in day). The three phone calls were repetitive and contradicted each other. As confusing as the situation was, we were promised a timely resolution. 

Now today, two days before we move in, we were told the box won't be delivered until September 5, more than a week after our move-in date. When we called, the customer service person did a 180 turn and could not help us. To be honest, This is extremely infuriating, unprofessional, and just utterly idiotic. I cannot express the degree of regret I currently hold for choosing Virgin as my service provider. In fact, this has been the biggest mistake of our move so far. Needless to say, unless something changes, Virgin Media will be as far away from my recommended list as conceivable. 

Good day. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @YunzeWang8sE,

I'm really sorry to hear this has become more confusing. Have you been able to speak with Jon in regards to this, has there been any further advice from your PM?

Unfortunately, if there is an old tenant registered to the address, it can take up to 14 days for this account to be fully closed, and your account to be created. Once the account is created, the team can then book the equipment to be delivered within the next 48 working hours.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ