cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I complain to a UK based VM centre??

Healey17
Joining in

I’ve just moved house and it’s a new build. I organised VM to come out during my week of moving in to install broadband (Thursday 14th April), as I work from home and rely on the internet for work (I’m self employed). 
Some engineers came to check the property the Friday before installation (the 8th), and gave it the go ahead for installation. Then Tuesday 12th more engineers came out and discovered that there would need to be extra work done on the outside of the property which would mean the installation date would need to be pushed back. 

Last night, less than 24 hours before VM were due to install broadband, they cancelled the installation and told me the rearranged date would be 2nd May and to apologise they offered me a measly £25 and no solution on providing me with a dongle or anything.
So, I tried to ring them, and basically spent over an hour and half on the phone, cut off 3 times, being passed between a total of 13 different agents who had no clue what I was asking for or how to help me, and were in some call centre in the back of beyond and at some times couldn’t understand my accent. 

After crying down the phone at the last agent, I decided to sleep on it and try again this morning, to not only try to get a dongle sent out to me but to also raise a formal complaint. Once again, I was put through to someone who could not grasp what I was trying to say, and who couldn’t put me through to the UK call centre.

I just want to speak to someone in the UK who can help me solve this issue, and who will help me put in a formal complaint. This is beyond a joke and I cannot stand that I have to give my money to this company who have zero customer service skill.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Healey17 

Sorry to see your installation problems,

Unfortunately there is no direct number to a UK call centre, however you could try calling the pre-installation and delivery team 0800 052 1734

They may be able supply more information on th reasons for the delay and timescales and also raise a complaint for yourself.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Healey17,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Apologies for the delay regarding the installation, unfortunately with regard to the delay the date given would be the earliest date for the work to be complete, for clarification has that date been rescheduled once? 

Also has the complaint been raised since posting? 

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Thanks for your reply. 
So they’ve rescheduled it for 2 weeks time. 
With regards to the complaint, I spoke to someone on the phone who said that they’d put the complaint in for me and I’d hear from a manager later that day. About an hour after, I got an email saying the complaint had been closed as it had been solved even though nobody had rung me. 
I got a missed call from the VM main number that evening but I missed it which I assumed was the manager attempting to ring me, but I had no voicemail or contact number to ring them back so that’s probably going to mean I don’t get anymore contact from them. 

Since then it’s been Easter weekend, so I’ve not rung them as it’s going to take up a lot of my time and I’d like to enjoy some time to myself and with my family. I’m going to be putting a written complaint together this week but to be honest I don’t even know what the point is. 
I don’t imagine I’ll get any response, or an offer of a free dongle to tie me over until the installation date, so I’m having to leave my house with all the unpacking left to do, and go to different peoples houses with my dog so I can work. 
They’ve made their customer service accessibility so deliberately exhausting so that their customers won’t bother, and it’s working. 
I wish I didn’t have to use their service now but they’re the only ones in my area. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do not rely on that new date they have given you. Going on the many, many reports on here it will be as reliable as the last date you had and the next one you will be given in turn.

You may find it worth getting your own 4G dongle to use in the meantime, and as a backup for occasions when the Virgin broadband fails. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@Healey17 

OK now as per other threads, you need to work on the basis of VM are suffering from terminal incompetence and won’t connect you any time this decade!

So, again, as per other threads, what alternatives re. Internet providers do you have?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Healey17,

Thank you for this information, I am sorry that the complaint was closed.

I will send you a private message and raise a new one with you, then assign it to the relevant team.

Please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide