cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House missed on village install

Adam1630
Joining in

We live in a relatively small Yorkshire village, Virgin installed cable across the whole village 12 mths ago, but missed out our small development of 11 houses. There is another development of 130 houses just up the road from us where cable has been installed by the developer and is controlled by an independent supplier, the road side ho  is right outside our house. The Virgin cable runs about 50metres down the road from us, the new development is outside our house, but we are stuck with 22Mb. I can’t see anyone else installing cable in the village, how do we go about getting FTTP. It seems whoever issued virgin with the licence missed our houses which were only built 3 years ago and now we’re stuck

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the houses were only built 3 years ago they might have missed them out on purpose if they needed to dig up the road, they won't be able to do that for a while until the roads are adopted 

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

I'm going to guess that the important thing here is that you're on a private road, somehow people neglect to mention this when making these sorts of posts.

Are you on a private road? Do you know who owns it?

It’s not a private road, the road and pavements are adopted by the local authority

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Adam1630, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear your address is not currently serviceable by us. 

Have you previously registered your interest for service via our Cable My Street page? If not you can do so here.

I would be happy to see if we can get some further information on this for you. To do this, I will pop you over a private message to take a few details. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat