cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move

BitFlip
Joining in

Hey guys, so today I have moved into a new home that already has a VM connection, I obviously took all my hardware and connected it up but oddly the Internet is not working however the TV is.

I'm slightly confused as to why the TV would work and the Internet not?, On previous house moves to a VM capable property both services have worked fine just fine.

The hub 4 has a pulsing white light and not a steady cream light as it normally does, I see that it's requesting some DHCP but not receiving an offer.

What could be going on?

TIA

14 REPLIES 14

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't just move your stuff and expect it to work, you need to arrange a house move with vm.

The TV box will work for a while but will eventually stop as well

I have already been through the house move process...

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Including activation of the Hub on the new connection?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

As I already have services from virgin and was moving into a house that already has the "virgin signal" I was told by the Scottish agent on the phone who was dealing with my house move that if the TV is working then the Internet should be working too as all my old equipment was still active.

He said he would trick the system and keep my old equipment active and on 12am Sunday the house move and re-activation would occur whilst we were sleeping ready for when we woke up Monday morning.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Try calling 0800 953 9500

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BitFlip,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for any issues you have had with activating our services in your new home.

I have checked our systems and can see a QuickStart work order has been raised for you, scheduled for 5th April.

If you have any further problems, let me know.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have just been told via online chat that equipment should be arriving today. 😕

Also, does this look normal to you or anyone familiar with DOCSIS?

FPgceUuWQAUbRuK.jpg

Hi Bitflip,

Thanks for reaching back out, I can see you did speak to Ayisha who confirmed there was an open order on the account for Tuesday, how are things now, did you receive new equipment and is it all up and running?

Regards

Paul.

Hi, all I received was a bag of unneeded wires (as I took all my old equipment with me to the new addresses) anyway for the sake of it I used said bag of wires but the issue remained the same which was TV box working Internet not. The Hub 4 was acting like there was no cable connected to it on both its own coax connection or even the coax connection that the TV box was using.

I have an engineer booked for this Saturday to come and sort the issue out as its either the Hub 4 that has died (somehow) or a cab/power level issue.