cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous install service

BN5678
Tuning in

Going through comments I am seeing that I'm not the only person getting the absolute worst service I have ever encountered. 

We ordered a quick start package a week and a half ago, only to find that the Virgin set up already in our flat (we are renting) doesn't actually connect anywhere. A technician came out to visit only to tell us he couldn't do anything about it. A different team - third party - came the next day and also said that they couldn't do anything about it. A 'repull' request was put through for someone to arrive on Friday. No one turned up. I called on Friday to be told I'd be called back. No one called back. I called on Saturday morning and again was told I would be called back. That didn't happen either. I called on Saturday afternoon, and was told the appointment had been rescheduled to today. Throughout this, I am getting ZERO updates and have to chase and chase a poor customer service team who can actually do nothing to help. 

Then today, no one turned up. How can Virgin create a monopoly in areas (its the only service available to us in our area) and then provide such shoddy service. People are working from home. I have calls with clients that I am struggling to get through every day on the mobile wifi I am having to cope with. 

HOW do I get someone to actually complete the appointment. And who can I be angry with?! Richard blooming' Branson?! This is ridiculous. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

VM do not have a monopoly afaik - they might have the best speeds in your area but BT have a duty to supply to all in the UK - so you can order from them - you can also connect to the internet via a mobile sim - 4G or 5G - so thats another choice

VM do not proactively look after their network - you will have been offered quick start because sometime in the past there has been an install at that address - thats it - thats all they know - previous owners/tenants can have removed or damaged cabling - external work by all manor of people can have damaged the drop cable or the duct - neither VM or you know if the connection will work until a hub is connected - if it does you are up and running - if not it depends whats found - you can be looking at a few days to sort it to months 

thats as it is - a bit of reading here would tell you that before you order

that said i in no way defend VM - the systems are not joined up - communication between external contractors and VM are at best awful - CS have a habit of telling you what they think you want to hear rather than the truth which whilst not good is easier to deal with usually

as to them calling you back - you have more chance of winning the lottery - its a way to get rid of you and mark the call complete

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

VM do not have a monopoly afaik - they might have the best speeds in your area but BT have a duty to supply to all in the UK - so you can order from them - you can also connect to the internet via a mobile sim - 4G or 5G - so thats another choice

VM do not proactively look after their network - you will have been offered quick start because sometime in the past there has been an install at that address - thats it - thats all they know - previous owners/tenants can have removed or damaged cabling - external work by all manor of people can have damaged the drop cable or the duct - neither VM or you know if the connection will work until a hub is connected - if it does you are up and running - if not it depends whats found - you can be looking at a few days to sort it to months 

thats as it is - a bit of reading here would tell you that before you order

that said i in no way defend VM - the systems are not joined up - communication between external contractors and VM are at best awful - CS have a habit of telling you what they think you want to hear rather than the truth which whilst not good is easier to deal with usually

as to them calling you back - you have more chance of winning the lottery - its a way to get rid of you and mark the call complete

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you for your insight. Other internet providers aren't really an option for us as they can only provide slow speeds at really high prices. I work from home, as does a lot of the country at the moment, and cannot carry out calls with clients on mobile wifi. It's been such a struggle with the mobile wifi I do have... 

Hence going with Virgin despite the bad service reviews, we crossed our fingers and hoped it would be simple. 

Thanks for your post @BN5678, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the troubles you've been experiencing with the installation and performance of the services.

I can see that you have spoken to our team within the last hour who have seeked to get in touch with the area field manager. 

Do please let us know when they get in touch and what you are advised. 

If there has been no contact within 48 hours, do please come back to us and either myself, or a member of our team will seek to go back to the area field manager

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I was told someone would be visiting this morning between 8am and 1pm. We're onto our third no-show now with no warning, explanation or follow up. Please tell me how I am supposed to proceed? I need answers and ACTION. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Area Field Managers" are a rarer sight than Unicorns 🙂

@David_Bn  may be able to clarify who is actually coming out and when

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BN5678, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm sorry there's been no progress with your installation today. the work-order is still open but no further information has been communicated at this stage - so I have contacted the teams in the area for an update and will get back to you asap. 

Tom 

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for looking into it. Again, today, someone was supposed to turn up between 8am and 1pm. Is it just going to be the next day and the next for ever and ever??? If you could please share a proper update or give me someone to speak to who can actually do something about this, that would be great. 

Hi @BN5678

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm just checking in to see we're still chasing this and we'll be in touch when we have an update

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill