cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon VOIP

Its13ecki
Joining in

Hi, I’m experiencing difficulty using horizon on my laptop for work phone calls. We’ve recently upgraded to hub 4. My internet connectivity is fine - normally connect via WiFi but have plugged directly into the the hub with an Ethernet cable too but still no joy. I can make calls, I can hear the caller but they cannot hear me. 

Is there anything I can change in the hub settings - Horizon IT support have told me it’s an issue with virgin?

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub did you have previously?  What information did Horizon give you to change on the Hub 4.?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We had hub 3 previously but only worked from home since hub 4 installed so don’t know if it worked. Horizon said it should work without changing settings so I haven’t changed any settings.

When they found out I was with virgin they said that was the issue. They are happy to set up to my mobile phone to take calls but want to try to avoid this as it’s personal mobile and don’t want work calls on there.

on hub settings it says telephony disabled - could this be the issue.

virgin customer service said try wired connection and try disconnecting all other devices - hub 4 isn’t compatible with the connect app so I’m not sure how to disconnect everything - normally I’d isolate devices on the connect app!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Its13ecki wrote:

<snip>  on hub settings it says telephony disabled - could this be the issue.

That's for plugging a VOIP phone in directly to the Hub.  I'm guessing your existing phone line is a wall socket.

You could try putting the Hub in modem mode and connecting just your laptop by cable.  This will by pass all the Routing elements of the Hub.  If it works. then it will confirm the Hub is not compatible.  In that case, depending on your contracted speed, you could ask for a Hub 3.  Otherwise just buy your own Router and keep the Hub 4 in Modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks