my installation experience:
1. signed contract online on 4 Dec 2022 and online show the installation date be 9 Dec 2022
2. next date recieved email from Virginmedia the installation date is delayed to 9 Jan 2023 due to waiting for external work
3. site survey on 14 Dec 2022 and scheduled external work on 3 Jan 2023
4. SMS and call to confirmed ask me to stay at home on 3 Jan 2023 for external work
5. No one show up for external work on 3 Jan 2023
6. Someone call to delay installation from 9 Jan 2023 to 24 Jan 2023 due to waiting for external work
7. The external work schedule on my Virginmedia account delay date by date automatically from 3 Jane 2023 to 23 Jan 2023 (it will be to infinity ,I believe)
8. Someone call again have to delay my installaton again to 20 Feb 2023 due to the uncompleted external work.
9. In the meantime, there are many phone call to pre-installation team and complaints, many lies and fake gurrantee and so call esculation.
10. The most updated is they still can't check any available timeslot and engineers are not assigned to my external work and just ask me to stay clam, be patient and waiting.
You are not alone. This is the way that Virginmedia treats their customers.
If you have an existing service, do not cancel it until Virgin is installed and working. Your compensation will be clocking up every day.
I'm in the same boat, ordered on the 10th of November with an initial install date of the 29th, currently scheduled in for the 3rd of Feb but I don't have much hope.
As jpeg has said, sort out a temporary alternative (I went with now tv as they do a 30 day rolling contract, it's £21 a month but there is a £60 "set up" fee which is applied to the rolling contracts) and just let the compensation pile up.
If I do get mine installed on the 3rd I'm getting my bills paid for 9 months, if they push it back another month its a whole year of free Internet!
Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.
Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with your installation. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. Sometimes with installations, there may be complications with the external work needed to provide service. Our team would aim to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Have you been in contact with our pre-installation team directly on 0800 052 1734? Have you had an update since the last posting?
New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs
And now calling them again and talking to Jackie from pre-installation team and she is blaming me why I'm calling everyday to chase the outside work. She know nothing about the outside work schedule, she just want me accept the 20 Feb 2023 and wait for the outside work complete or delay again if it cannot be done before 20 Feb 2023.
My apologies @helloSSS
We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers.
The teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead.
Please do let us know if you have any further issues after 20th February 2023.
@Carley_S, well, yes my case is not worst than 13months, just a piece of cake from virgin media point of view. More than 2 months installation schedule from contract sign, delay for twice for installation date and up till now no one can give a promised date for outside work is still accpetable from virgin media standard.
some updates this week:
1. the pre installation team sent me again (what's the point ??!! I have one engineer survey already in Dec and confirm the outside work) a engineer survery on last Sat and ask me to discuss with him how's the outside work will be done. But no one show up and no one try to ring my doorbell or knock the door to talk to me.
2. I call yesterday again the engineer survey just said they came and jot a note said need outside work.
3. The pre-installation team make promised and said there is someone will come yesterday to do outside work, of course no one show up.
4. They also said jot a note to the field manager and will reply me through email or SMS for outside work day yesterday and promised the field manager will reply within 24hrs. of course nothing happen till now.
The pre install team will always see today's date when looking at external work so just ignore that, also ignore anybody who talks about managers, they don't have any and nobody will call you back. It sounds like you're just going to have to wait for the external work to happen like me, hopefully it's some time this year!
Basically just forget about Virgin, act like you're not getting it and get on with your life; once they install it or tell you they can't you can claim the compo and decide whether you want their service or not.