cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopeless installation progress, keep delaying since January

kennylam
Tuning in

It has been 2 months from the last billing surprises , which was solved finally as I wasn't charged for the "disconnection fee".

Today, surprisingly a team of installation arrived without any notice from Virgin Media, and they asked me for the approval documents from my neighbours, as the new cable would need to pass through their doors.

First, as a Virgin Media account owner I can only know the promised installation date is not today, as the installation date was always keep changing to a later date, as I got the "Installation update" so many times, but I can accept the cable installation date will be earlier than the activation date if it help on the progress.

The problem is, I was told from a VM staff previously that we don't need to do ANYTHING about the the approval documents from my neighbours, but today the installation team can NOT DO ANYTHING because of these documents, and the installation team tried to call Virgin Media but NO ONE RESPONDED.

Right now, the time of the installation team and my time of waiting were just wasted, because the so-called documents, which are promised to be arranged by Virgin Media.

Please, if the documents can just be arranged by me, I can just ask my neighbours and keep a copy and wait for the installation.But EVEN I DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WOULD HAPPEN, how can I ask for my neighbours to prepare for it? Like keeping the road clean and not occupied by cars.

Can I ask for the PDF forms files so that I can ask my neighbours to sign it? I had waited the installation for 3 months, and the 4th month is coming.

I am now so desperate on the progress, as it is not blocked by technical factors, nor the man power of engineering in shortage, but just the required preparations was like everything unmanaged.

17 REPLIES 17

@jem101

I had already applied BT Business 72Mbps which is quite lesser than my original VM plan, and I am using a 5G CPE during this time, I want a publicly routable IP address so I don't have much choices.

Just wait and see if the VM contract ends before the connection be made.

I knew no one will visit my home and do the work, but the customer support hotline would always told me to wait for this funny appointment, VM's system just keep this joke updated everyday.

Please don't censor and block these images lol, when the customer support told me I check check my appointment online blah blah blah, I had seen this and the support just told me they are coming lol.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 16.38.52.png

The joke is being updated still, order date 13/05/22 8am-6pm. 

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 19.09.59.png

But the preinstallation just told me it is all wrong, just wait for the calling and stand-by like I got paid from Virgin Media.

Thank you for your updates @kennylam we are currently chasing this for you with the relevant teams.

As soon as we hear back we will let you know. 

Thank you

Today an engineer visited my home as the scheduled message, without bringing cables just like he had planned to do nothing but he seems to be surprised that I got signatures from my neighbors.

Surely there was problem so the installation didn't work, it is just very Virgin Media as usual, we cannot expect any reasonable engineering management from them. As the site manager told me that the suggested cabling made in the previous engineer visit didn't work, so we got stuck in the wayleaves again, with a new plan just like previous visit that were expecting nothing to be done.

And during the visit, I finally got an email from "Web Retail Wayleave" to ask about the contact of my neighbors, which should have been done 4 months ago. Thanks god Virgin Media shows that they are managing it at the last moment. 

I don't know how many times I need to act as a manager to ask my neighbors for the permissions and explaining the engineering plan again and again.

As least I can heard the requirements for making the installation work, and I had to make a plan for making it work, just not today because it is Virgin Media. Actually I was a CCNA holder so the cabling work are not a big deal to me, may be I should charge back Virgin Media for the hours as a real cable engineer and took the job from the site manager?

Luckily I got a plan B, B for BT.

p.s. Please bring cables next time.

Thanks for coming back to us kennylam

I shall send you a PM now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

kennylam
Tuning in

Just an updated

Further delayed to 5 July, from 21 June and 5 June, of course I am not expecting just because it is Virgin Media.

I had passed all information requested by the wayleave team already, it would be my fault to expect Virgin Media are actually making progress on the project management.

Just got my new BT line installed, surely it comes before the end of the so-called 18months service contract by Virgin Media.

I am writing this just like making a log.

A engineer visited in 22 July, he was little bit surprised that no cables are installed, surely there was nothing done as the VM's wayleave team didn't made meaningful progress.

I am feeling much better to not expect anything from Virgin Media, like not to reserve my time for the visits and wasting time on keep tracking progress, even the VM's custom service kept calling me when I am having video conference for my work, I don't need to rush to pick up the call from VM as it is not generating any progress and it is not my job to let VM call me, I prefer to communicate in writing but they are not.

After moving in for 7 months while Virgin Media installation is still in progress, I paid the first bill for BT.

Hey kennylam, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to see this issues is still happening with the install.

I would like to look into this in more detail with you via a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?