cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home mover and installation rescheduled.

Hiphopast
Joining in

Hello.

I have moving home and inform VM. My old home was disconnected on 12.08.2021 and on new it was connection date on 20.08.2021. I have receive several massages to remind me about instalation and few 2 days before receive text saying that my instalation will be rescheduled on 01.09.2021. That's absolutely fine if VM will give me some alternative Internet source. In that case do I qualify for £5.04 compensation from VM as thay failed to install services on 20.08.2021? Should I speek to any of VM support team for lack of service? 

5 REPLIES 5

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Hiphopast 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the delay in install. 

Yes you would be entitled to the credit offered. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

As i did not receive this compensation decided to rise complain. I did it on 24.08.2021 so VM have 28 days for respond to it. Of course 28 days it was yesterday and no respond whatsoever.

No compensation of loosing service at all. How you can follow their rools when they not follow their own ones.

Any thing I can do hear before escalate case to CISAS and Ombudsman? 

Here's a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Cable Moving Home > Other 

And here’s what we agreed:
Technical > Technical guidance provided

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thanks again for bearing with us.

What??

When did you contact with me?? When did we agreed an anything?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hiphopast, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the outcome of the complaint. 

I would be happy to look in to this further but I will just need to confirm a few details first. 

I will pop you over a private message now and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'll be entitled to compensation for the missed appointment (unless it was due to something not under VM's control).  They're not obliged to provide you with an alternative service, although it has been known for people to be given a 4G service if they have complained hard enough.

The important point is not to assume that the new date - or any new date - is definite.  Dates can be moved again and again, so don't rely on them. You might like to consider an alternative ISP. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.