cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move pre pull

Nurdis
Tuning in

Hello all.

I move house on 26th Feb. I have ‘pre pull’ visit on 20th with engineer install booked for 27th.

My question is. What is required on a pre pull? 
i won’t have the keys by the 20th and cannot be sure if the current owner will be home. Nobody at virgin seems to be able to tell me if they need to access the house?

Does anyone know for sure?

thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Nurdis
Tuning in

Hello all.

I move house on 26th Feb. I have ‘pre pull’ visit on 20th with engineer install booked for 27th.

My question is. What is required on a pre pull? 
i won’t have the keys by the 20th and cannot be sure if the current owner will be home. Nobody at virgin seems to be able to tell me if they need to access the house?

Does anyone know for sure?

thank you

Pre-pulls are external only work so no access to the property is required and all being well shouldn't require anybody being at the property at all.

The pre-pull involves the pulling or threading of a new cable from the local cabinet to the boundary of your property via the ducts buried beneath the street.

Once its pulled to the boundary it will then been buried in the front garden up to the front of the house and then terminated in a box ready for when the installation technician arrives on 27th to connect to once they complete installation inside of the house.

The Giggitty 1

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

they do not need access to the house - the pull is from the cabinet to the pavement T - they will then leave enough cable to get from that point to the house or they should

they may route it across the garden 

its not guaranteed to happen on the 20th - thats a start date - they can do it any day up to the 27th - the pull date would just roll over on the order until its actually done

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Z92
Trouble shooter

If this is a house purchase you do not want VM there until you have exchanged contracts as the current owner may not appreciate a utility company digging up the garden or drilling into their brickwork, but if it's a rental you need to ensure you have permission from the landlord as they may arrive before you have technically moved in. 

Thank you all.

This is a house purchase and contracts have been exchanged.

so just to be clear. They won’t need to drill holes into the house until the 27th when the install happens? The pre pull is in the street and possibly into the garden? 

Thank you

Thank you.

So we move in on 26th. All contracts are exchanged.

So really if they don’t need access the house until the final install on 27th then I guess I can just pre warn the current occupant that on or around the 20th when the pre pull is booked for that virgin  may turn up to access the front garden but they won’t need to be home for it?

as long as they don’t need to drill holes or enter the house I can’t see this being an issue. Then it’s all ready for the drilling on the 27th.

thank you

Z92
Trouble shooter

When they did my "pre-pull" it included dragging the cable up the street, up the garden and drilling/screwing a brown VM box onto the house wall. The engineer installation drilled a hole for the cable and setup the router. 

Some other pre-pull teams just leave some cable on the property and it's upto the engineer to fit the VM box. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

THREADS MERGED - Please keep issues to one thread & not post several on different boards with the same issue. Thanks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks