cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Installation Issue

Andrec98
Joining in

I have recently moved into a new flat and there is a virgin media connection port from the previous tenant however it is in the bedroom.

My TV where the tv box will be and my desk that I work from home at are in the living room and there is not enough cable to run this through the flat plus it would be a trip hazard to have the cable extended.

Would it be possible to have the connection port moved to the front room. There are some cables that come through the wall in the living room that look like coax cables but I’m not sure what they are.

I am a new customer and tried to do self set up.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Andrec98 

Have a chat with the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

If they can't organise this for you then speak to faults by calling  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Andrec98,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂

I am sorry to hear your port is creating a trip hazard, I can see from our systems you spoke to our team, were you able to get this sorted?

Please let us know 🙂

Hello both thank you for your response I called the installation team and I have an engineer coming out on 6th July to move my access point.

Ive had to pay £25 (I thought it was free if you had any issues during first time set up) but it’s better than £99 which I’ve seen some other people have to pay!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andrec98 wrote:

<snip> 

Ive had to pay £25 (I thought it was free if you had any issues during first time set up) but it’s better than £99 which I’ve seen some other people have to pay!

The new rate is £25 for any non fault call-out. It used to be £99. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good Afternoon @Andrec98, thanks for the update.

I'd be happy to look into this with you - seems a little unfair to issue the charge, when you've attempted to complete the install without the assistance of an engineer.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn