cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High latency and packet loss in SM1 - Unusable for Zoom/Teams

davfox
Tuning in

No faults found when I go through the online path, but my BQM graphs show high latency and packet loss. I'm having to use 4G tethering to iPhone to get work done.

Can I get someone to take a look? Has been same for months.

My live BQM here.. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bd33ee8c8301705f1cdc581d2dfcf62140... 

Many thanks!

30 REPLIES 30

Just after update. Quality of service getting worse currently..

Often unusable. Would I be due any money back?

Whats latest estimated fix date. These dates have been slipping along for months now.

What do you recommend I do?

David

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 09.41.03.png

Z92
Trouble shooter

Compensation is automatic and typically only offered for full outages in line with OFCOM policy.

Typically the recommended approach is to wait until the end of your contract and move providers.

Or, keep a log of all the times it's unusable in the hope of gathering enough evidence that you'll be able to negotiate an early end to your contract.

Thanks for this.

Any update on ETA for fix, was previously a couple of weeks ago according to previous post here.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davfox

I have taken a look and the estimated fix time for the SNR outage has been updated to 28/06/2021 at 9:00am. Apologies that the fix has been delayed, please bear with us and we will have your services back up and running asap.

Kind regards,

Serena

Looking back to start of this thread, it was originally this fault and date..

• Fault reference number: F008751384
  • Estimated fix time: 19 MAR 2021 10:00

Is it still the same fault that you refer to?

The fix never happens and when I enquire here, i'm just given another date. Which is what you've just done. But for 3 months nothing has happened.

I'd like to make a complaint to maybe speed this up. Can we do that?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davfox

Just to clarify, the fault I am refering to is a different one:

- Fault reference: F009108911

- Estimated fix time: 28/06/2021 at 9:00am

I'm really sorry that you have experienced multiple faults over the course of three months, that is not the high standard of service we aim to provide. I would like to raise a complaint regarding this for you now, I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now.

Apologies for the on going disruption to your services,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I now seem to have a complaint logged C-250621829 but nothing happening there. What should I expect next? Were any fixes performed in my area, had an outage briefly last week so wondered if something was happenning.

Is the complaint process just another black hole to push customers into, like the many promises of fixes in this thread?

Thanks,

David

Still nothing has changed here, after many posts here. I am having to use a 4G MiFi for Zoom/Teams calls as my cable connection up and down. See BQM graphs, it's still pool

I believe I had a case logged some months back but never heard anything about it.

Are there still upgrades planned in my area?

What happened to the complaint that was logged?

Thanks!

Hi davfox

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am sorry it's not sorted. Having checked the system the congestion estimated fix date has been extended to the 22nd September 2021. Fault reference F008751384. 

The complaint - I can see we sent you a letter on the 6th July, advising of the of the congestion in your area also. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for another fault reference, but I must have had ten different ones over past 12 months, nothing has changed.

What am I supposed to do when i'm issued fault references but nothing ever changes?

I never received the letter in July you mention. Assume this is a physical letter? Can you re-send or email me with the contents of it?