cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High latency and packet loss in SM1 - Unusable for Zoom/Teams

davfox
Tuning in

No faults found when I go through the online path, but my BQM graphs show high latency and packet loss. I'm having to use 4G tethering to iPhone to get work done.

Can I get someone to take a look? Has been same for months.

My live BQM here.. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bd33ee8c8301705f1cdc581d2dfcf62140... 

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi davfox, 

Thanks for your post and apologies you've not had any reply. It can take us a few days to reach any thread so bear with us 🙂 

Checking your account, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There is a fault open that may affect you though. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F008751384
  • Estimated fix time: 19 MAR 2021 10:00
  • Description: We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

davfox
Tuning in

89db63f27d33667ded3e51f735859f0e850b0534-01-03-2021.png

davfox
Tuning in

Just bumping own post as trying to get response from someone at Virgin...

Hi davfox, 

Thanks for your post and apologies you've not had any reply. It can take us a few days to reach any thread so bear with us 🙂 

Checking your account, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There is a fault open that may affect you though. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F008751384
  • Estimated fix time: 19 MAR 2021 10:00
  • Description: We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for the update Kath, i'll give it a couple of weeks and see if there are any improvements.

I'll reply here and chase update on the reference if nothing seems to change.

David

No problem David, thanks for coming back to us here.  

If things get worse in the meantime, the following links may help to improve and optimise things:

•             General broadband help - https://virg.in/vmessential
•             Service status page - virg.in/service
•             Wi-Fi hints and tips - https://virg.in/wifisos
•             Wi-Fi troubleshooting - https://virg.in/wifinotworking

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi again Kath,

It's been a few weeks since the 19th March date you mentioned for some upgrades.

I'm not seeing any improvement, just wonder if this work (F008751384) went ahead and I should be expecting any improvement?

Thanks in advance..

David

BQM graph

Hi @davfox

Thank you for coming back to us.

I have just checked your account for an update and can see the work is still ongoing.

The estimated date of fix has been pushed back to 16 APR 2021 10:00.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for the update, good to hear it's still happening!

David

The estimated time of fix is subject to change- hoping things are resolved sooner. 

Can assure you our engineers our working hard to get this resolved 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team